2018 CSA Sign Ups are OPEN!
CSA subscriptions are available in 4 packages (+$8 packaging/baskets):
- Full Season Weekly Share- $624:
- Weekly pick up, $22 of produce each week for 28 weeks
- Half Season (Summer or Fall) Weekly Share – $316:
- Weekly pick up, $22 of produce each week for 14 weeks
- Full Season Bi-weekly Share- $316:
- Bi-weekly pick up, $22 of produce every other week for 14 weeks
- Half Season (Summer or Fall) Bi-weekly Share – $162
- Bi-weekly pick up, $22 of produce every other week for 7 weeks
Our 28 week CSA harvest season begins in May and runs through Thanksgiving week in November, with a two-week break at the beginning of August.
A Weekly Share is a share of 6-10 seasonal produce items and is a wonderful fit for the veggie-loving household of meal-preppers, picklers, fermenters, and culinary-explorers, providing ~8-12lbs of fresh produce each week depending on what’s in season.
A Bi-weekly Share is the same size as the Weekly Share, but with bi-weekly pick up. This option is great for individuals, those who travel frequently, and households who keep a home garden but are interested in supplementing their homegrown bounty.
Full season shares will run from May to Thanksgiving week in November, and Half Season either A) Summer: May to the end of July or B) Fall: mid-August to Thanksgiving week.
At the beginning of each week, members receive a newsletter with photos and updates about the farm, as well as a list of what to expect in that week’s share and recipe ideas for cookin’ up a delicious storm.
NEW for 2018: CSA SHARE ADD-ON
**Heartstrong Farm Blooms**
The Flower Share: Two 8-week Sessions of Local Seasonal Farm Blooms!
- Enjoy a delivery of a hand-arranged bouquet of seasonal farm and foraged blooms with your share to spread the colors, textures, and scents of the fields to your table
- Bouquets are picked up with main CSA share on weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Available for two 8-week sessions:
- Summer: June – July
- Fall: September – October
- Weekly members: $50 per session ($100 for Full Season)
- Bi-weekly members: $25 per session ($50 for Full Season)
- Note: Bouquets are to be picked up alongside usual shares
CSA subscriptions are sold in advance of the growing season to give us a strong start to the season (early spring is prime time for building, improvements, and seeding), but new members can join at any time for a prorated price until subscriptions are full.
Our main CSA pick up location will be on the farm in Staley, NC on Wednesday evenings from 4:30p to 6:30pm. Members are invited to bring family and friends to the farm to pick up their shares and hang out with other CSA members. Pick ups are also available on Tuesdays at Fair Game Beverage Co. in Pittsboro and Thursday’s at Four Saints Brewing Co. in Asheboro, both from 4:30p to 6:30p.
We want our CSA members to enjoy a delicious, beautiful, and enjoyable experience with our produce and the farm. Throughout the season, we host 4 CSA potlucks on the farm for everyone to gather together and celebrate our community and the gifts of the land. At the end of the growing season, we survey our members on their experience and preferences, so that we can continue to curate a mutually enjoyable relationship growing into the future.
At Heartstrong, we strive to serve as many as possible. If you are interested in a share but the cost is prohibitive, please reach out.
PAYMENT & SIGN-UP
To sign up, in addition to filling out the form below please read and fill out the 2018 CSA Member Agreement and bring the completed agreement to your first pick up.
You can pay for your CSA share by check or eCheck via PayPal.
Physical checks are preferred, as PayPal fee is 2.9% of total.
Please make checks out to Heartstrong Farm LLC and mail to 10435 US HWY 64 E, Staley, NC 27355.
To pay by eCheck, choose that option in the sign-up form below. We’ll email you an invoice, and you can enter your checking information from there.
Payment in Full at the time of sign-up is preferred, as it gives us the greatest support as we manage late winter and early spring expenses to get the season growing strong.
A deposit of $100 that is non-refundable and applied toward the total cost of your CSA is due at sign-up to reserve your spot. The balance is due on or before the first CSA pick up.